- Stupidly it should not be. It should be also nice. One must get along with that. Is however not necessary.
- The iPod completely changed the way people approach music.
- I can sit down on a white piece of paper and work because I don't believe too much into inspiration, only I'm waiting for inspiration, work and then inspiration may come. It's a little too easy to say that.
- Some people say to me you're too skinny, but never a skinny person says that to me, only people who could lose a few pounds say that.
- Beauty is also submitted to the taste of time, so a beautiful woman from the Belle Epoch is not exactly the perfect beauty of today, so beauty is something that changes with time.
- Because I stopped dieting already six months ago, and I think it's important to bring out a book like this and you are there a year later and say look, I'm still like this.
- But if I have a lot of imagination, I could tell myself whatever I wanted, you know. I handle myself quite well. I'm kind of fascist with myself, you know. There's no discussion. There is an order. You follow it.
- I eat fish, three times a week meat, and if not yogurt, something like this and it rarely continues.
- I had nearly finished school because I was making effort not that bad on that. But there was a law in Germany after the war. You could not make your final examination before 18, so lots of people who were late because of the way had to do it first.
- I have now exactly the same weight I had when I was 18, 20.
- I like today and perhaps a little future still, but the past is really something I'm not interested in. So, as far as I'm concerned, I like only the past of things and people I don't know. When I know, I don't care because I knew how it was.
- I never - you know also one of the things that would save me for a man my age, it was not that easy to lose that much weight and fall down and look like something draped.
- I never had to learn English, French and German because I was brought up as all three languages. I had a private French teacher before I even went to school. That helped a lot.
- I never smoked. I never drank and I never took drugs. The funny thing is, nothing is more boring, people like this. For me, it's OK. But most of my friends, at least they smoke and drink.
- I wanted to become a cartoon artist, a portrait artist, and an illustrator. This was my first idea.
- I'm not a marketing person. I don't ask myself questions. I go by instinct.
- If there's something dangerous, sauces are dangerous for the body.
- It's only I have seen enough of it and the funny thing is now, I know that I'm skinny, because I know there are even smaller clothes in the store. I think I'm big, when I was big, I never thought about it.
- My favorite kitchen was the Japanese and the Italian kitchen.
- I never, ever eat in between the meals. I control it well enough and with no pills, and I sleep seven hours a night. I go to bed. I fall asleep, and I wake up seven hours later, and this is the most important.
- I'm not a French designer either. I'm from nowhere. I'm a European, old European is all I am.
- I mean those people really did something for designers I don't think department stores can, could or should do still today. Today the world is different so you have to make it differently. There's TV. There's a lot of things.
- I love to do shoes. I'm not a fetishist but I love to do shoes.
- Some people would like me to be round again.
Karl Lagerfeld (born Karl Otto Lagerfeldt on September 10, 1933 in Hamburg) is a German fashion designer, artist and photographer based in Paris, France. He has collaborated on a variety of fashion and art related projects, most notably as head designer and creative director for the fashion house Chanel. Lagerfeld helms his own label fashion house, as well as the Italian house Fendi.