- It pains me phisically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic, by fashion."
- “Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?”
- “Dressing is a way of life.”
- “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.”
- “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.”
- “I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes.”
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.”
Yves Henri Donat Mathieu-Saint-Laurent, known as Yves Saint Laurent (August 1, 1936 – June 1, 2008), was a French fashion designer, one of the greatest names in fashion history.He is credited with having introduced the tuxedo suit for women, became the first designer to use ethnic models in his runway shows, and referenced other non-European cultures in his work.